A lot of PF bloggers love writing about their “goals”. I personally prefer talking about “plans” instead.
I think plans are more flexible than goals. I like flexibility, and don’t necessarily like the “pass” or “fail” aspect of goals.
So here are my plans for this year:
- Save 5K to be divided between my RRSP and regular savings
- Have 10K to my name. If the above point is completed, I should exceed this number
- Switch to D.I.Y investing: this one is long overdue!
- Monitor expenses in general and particularly groceries & personal care
- Complete a 6-month shopping ban on clothes and shoes: last year, I spent $ 1 000 in this category. I can’t remember what I bought, and I also donated a couple of bags of clothing to charity.
- Keep paying my debt and obviously not incur any new one!
- Plan a vacation to Hong-Kong: I have wanted to visit this city for a long time.
- Take a couple of classes in personal finances