As 2015 is wrapping-up, here is where I am at with the plans I made back in January. Overall, 2015 has been a very good year for me.
This is my last post for 2015. I am going to take a much needed vacation. Not going anywhere but planning on resting, enjoying time with friends and family, as well as brainstorming on my budget and plans for 2016.
- Save 5K to be divided between my RRSP and regular savings. Done & exceeded!
- Have 10K to my name. If the above point is completed, I should exceed this number. Done & exceeded! That feels really good.
- Switch to D.I.Y investing: this one is long overdue! Done and thoroughly enjoying being in control of my money.
- Monitor expenses in general and particularly groceries & personal care. Not done. I haven’t spent more than usual, but I haven’t spent less either.
- Complete a 6-month shopping ban on clothes and shoes: last year, I spent $ 1 000 in this category. I can’t remember what I bought, and I also donated a couple of bags of clothing to charity. Done & not done. 3 months into the ban, I had to replace my “winter shoes” as they had holes. It was too early to switch to “summer shoes”, so I broke the ban. That being said, I spent $ 565.00 this year, vs. $ 1 000 last year. Progress….
- Keep paying off my debt and obviously not incur any new one! Done.
- Plan a vacation to Hong-Kong: I have wanted to visit this city for a long time. Done. Really enjoyed this vacation and the city. This vacation has been fully paid for.
- Take a couple of classes in personal finances. Done.